A Note From Doc

 


I have heard it said that if God would allow "that person in heaven, then I don't want to go".

David Berkowitz (son of Sam), Charles "Tex" Watson (follower of Charles Manson), Jeffrey Dahmer (Milwaukee Cannibal), Douglas Blaser (wretched sinner) all have something in common: trying to finish well after a lifestyle of sin.

FYI, there are not enough "good works" to get anyone, even you, into heaven.

God's standards are impossible to meet by human effort. I cannot speak for anyone else, but I know that I fall short every day.

No one "deserves" to go to heaven.

"Everyone" should go to hell.

I am very thankful for what is written in Romans 5:8:

But God shows and clearly proves His [own] love for us by the fact that while we were still sinners, Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One) died for us. 9 Therefore, since we are now justified (acquitted, made righteous, and brought into right relationship with God) by Christ’s blood, how much more [certain is it that] we shall be saved by Him from the indignation and wrath of God.

I am encouraged by what Spurgeon said: “There may be some sins of which a man cannot speak, but there is no sin which the blood of Christ cannot wash away.”

I have come to understand that God chooses people that we would not choose, and for that I am glad, because I would have never chosen me.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final: Are You Worth More Than A Sheep?

The Forty Things Imputed To A Believer At Salvation